Practice the IT Skills Essential for Your Success
- 70+ lab exercises challenge you to solve problems based on realistic case studies
- Step-by-step scenarios require you to think critically
- Lab analyses tests measure your understanding of lab results
- Key term quizzes help build your vocabulary
Practice working with:
- Operational procedures
- CPUs and RAM
- CMOS and BIOS settings
- The expansion bus
- Power supplies
- Hard drives
- Removable media
- Input/output ports
- Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Vista
- Video cards
- Portable PCs, PDAs, and wireless technologies
- Troubleshooting techniques
Table of contents
The Path of the PC Tech;
The Visible PC;
Learning PC Power;
Hard Drive Technologies;
Installing and Upgrading Windows; Chapter 12.
Learning Video and Multimedia; Chapter 14.
Learning Portable Computing; Chapter 15.
Learning Local Area Networking; Chapter 17.
Learning the Internet;
Learning Computer Security;
The Complete PC Technician;