The "productivity guru" updates his renowned organizing and time-management program to help workers and managers stay on top of their game in an increasingly changing work environment.
About the Book
Organizing for Success, Second Edition provides simple, remarkably effective time management technique to help reders get two extra productive hours out of every day. The book uses "The Master List" concept to show readers how to budget their time and energy by the day, week, and month.
Readers will learn how to quickly prioritize their goals, complete tasks on time and under budget, and even helps readers plan for the interruptions, urgent emails, and unexpected meetings that will inevitably attack their day. This new edition places heavier emphasis on technology, including advice on how to write, manage and file email more effectively; how to use Lotus Notes and Microsoft Office to streamline the day; and how to use devices like Blackberries and social media as assets and time-savers, rather than as distractions and time sinks.
Key Selling Features
- Zeigler has been recognized as a leader in the time-management field since 1996; his books have sold over 15,000 copies to date.
- He speaks at least three times per week to as many as 1,000 people
- Companion website will include customizable, downloadable "Master Lists" that readers can print out or export into their pdas, iphones, and work computers
- Zeigler's website gets about 1,000 hits a day; he spends approximately $50,000 per year on Google AdWords and clickthrough advertising
- In the last year alone, he has appeared on the Neil Cavuto Show, in the Chicago Tribune, and on MoneyMatters
Market / Audience
Business professionals and managers, readers of Getting Things Done
About the Author
Kenneth Zeigler (Charlotte, NC) has been recognized as an expert on the subject since developing a time management system for Hertz in 1997. He has been on the cover of Investor's Business Daily and has published numerous articles for such newspapers as The Washington Post, the NY Post, and the Charlotte Observer. Over the years he has advised such clients as Hertz, Toys "R" Us, The Federal Reserve, The Comptroller of the Currency, Hormel, and Fidelity Investments.
Table of contents
Organizing and Planning - a Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Planner;
The Master List Like Never Before;
Prioritizing and Multitasking;
Finding More Time;
Control Your Desk;
Prevent and Limit Interruption;
Manage, Control, and Write Effective Email;
Managing Your Email Files;
Managing the Phone and Using Voice Mail;
Delegation that Empowers;
Using Office and Lotus Notes to Save Time and Energy;
Planning an Effective Meeting;
How to Recognize and Manage Procrastination;
Time Management Action Plan: Keeping on Track and on Target