The best review of renal physiology available for USMLE Step 1--completely updated with the latest research
A Doody's Core Title for 2015!
Written in a clear, concise, logical style, thistrusted text reviews the fundamental principles of thestructure, function and pathologies of the human kidney that are essential for an understanding of clinical medicine. Combining the latest research with a fullyintegrated teaching approach, the eighth edition of Vander's Renal Physiology features revised sections that explain how the kidneys affect other body systems and how they in turn are affected by these systems. Each chapter is filled with the tools you need to truly learn key concepts rather than merely memorize facts.
- Begins with the basics and works up to advanced principles
- Focuses on the logic of renal processes
- Includes the most current research on the molecular and genetic principles underlying renal physiology
- Explains the relationship between blood pressure and renal function
- Presents the normal functions of the kidney with clinical correlations to disease states
- Includes study questions with an answer key at the endof each chapter
- Features learning aids such as flow charts, diagrams, key concept clinical examples, boxed statements to emphasize major points, learning objectives, and review questions with answers and explanations
Table of contents
Contents not available