Considered one of the nation's most competitive and prestigious fellowships, the White House Fellowship program has produced an impressive roster of American leaders. The men and women of this select group spend an entire year working alongside top decision makers inside the nexus of global power. Each one emerges with life-changing thoughts and views about the nature of leadership and the qualities of great leaders.
Now, former Fellow Charles P. Garcia opens the door to this distinguished program, revealing insights to achieve extraordinary leadership, which you can apply in any endeavor.
Leadership Lessons of the White House Fellows is a profound education on the timeless tenets of successful leadership. Filled with entertaining and insightful stories gleaned from interviews with more than 200 former Fellows, this fast-paced book takes you behind the scenes of every presidential administration from Lyndon B. Johnson to George W. Bush, where America's best and brightest learned their most valuable lessons. You'll hear from such figures as:
Each interviewee conveys invaluable advice that can be applied by anyone, in any field--from business and government to nonprofit and education.
Leadership Lessons of the White House Fellows takes you where no reader has gone before. Apply the lessons of the White House Fellows, and your people will instantly take note of the newly inspired leader in their presence.
1.Opening the Door to the White House
2.A Foundation for Fellowship
3. Becoming a Fellow
4. Fellows at Work
5. The Education Program
6. Leaders Know There's More to Life Than Work
7. Leaders Focus on the Mission
8. Leaders Focus on their People
9. Leaders Root Prejudice in Themselves and Others
10. Leaders Act with Integrity
11. Leaders Create an Sense of Urgency
12. Leaders Have Passion
13. Leaders are Persistent
14. Leaders are Great Communicators
15. Leaders Ask Tough Questions that Need to Be Asked
16. Leaders Take Risks
17. Leaders Understand that Every Battle is Not the End of the War
18. Leaders Energize Their People
19. Leaders are Great Listeners
20. Leaders are Persuasive
21. Leaders Know When to Compromise and When to Stand Firm
22. Leaders are Problem Solvers
23. Leaders Lead by Walking Around
24. Leaders are Transformational Change Agents
25. Leaders Lead Through Experience and Competence, Not Through Title or Position