FOLLOW THE SUN TO MORE EVIL FUN!
Let the sun shine on your evil side - and have a wicked amount of fun on your way to becoming a solar energy master! In this guide, the popular Evil Genius format ramps up your understanding of powerful, important, and environmentally friendly solar energy - and shows you how to build real, practical solar energy projects you can use in your home, yard - even on the road!
In Solar Energy Projects for the Evil Genius, high-tech guru Gavin Harper gives you everything you need to build more than 50 thrilling solar energy projects. You'll find complete, easy-to-follow plans, with clear diagrams and schematics, so you know exactly what's involved before you begin.
- Illustrated instructions and plans for 30 amazing pretested solar energy projects that assume no prior experience with energy science
- Explanations of the science and math behind each project
- Projects that progress in difficulty - from simple ones that may inspire science fair entries - all the way to converting a real home to solar energy
- Frustration-factor removal-needed parts are listed, along with sources-plus all the tools you'll need
Solar Energy Projects for the Evil Genius provides you with complete plans, instructions, parts lists, and sources for:
- Crushed berries solar cell
- Solar "death ray"
- Solar powered hot dog cooker
- Solar furnace
- Sun-powered refrigerator
- Camping shower, oven, and more
- Hot recipes for solar cooking
- Water purifier
- Garden lights
- Solar vehicle
- Environmentally friendly robot
- Much more!
Table of contents
Chapter 1. Why solar?
Chapter 2. The Solar Resource
Chapter 3. Positioning Your Solar Devices
Chapter 4. Solar Heating
Chapter 5. Solar Cooling
Chapter 6. Solar Cooking
Chapter 7. Solar Stills
Chapter 8. Solar Collectors
Chapter 9. Solar Pumping
Chapter 10. Solar Photovoltaics
Chapter 11. Photochemical Solar Cells
Chapter 12. Solar Engines
Chapter 13. Solar Electrical Projects
Chapter 14. Tracking the Sun
Chapter 15. Solar Transport
Chapter 16. Solar Robotics?
Chapter 17. Solar Hydrogen Partnership
Chapter 18: Photosynthesis--Fuel from the Sun
Appendix A: Solar Projects on the Web
Appendix B: Supplier's Index