Another gem from Herb Schildt--best-selling programming author with more than 2.5 million books sold! C: The Complete Reference, Fourth Edition gives you full details on C99, the New ANSI/ISO Standard for C. You'll get in-depth coverage of the C language and function libraries as well as all the newest C features, including restricted pointers, inline functions, variable-length arrays, and complex math. This jam-packed resource includes hundreds of examples and sample applications.
Table of contents
Part I: Foundational C.
1. An Overview of C.
4. Arrays and Strings.
7. Structures, Unions, Enumerations, and typedef.
8. Console I/O.
9. File I/O.
10. The Preprocessor and Comments.
Part II: The C99 Standard.
Part III: The C Standard Library.
12. Linking, Libraries, and Headers.
13. I/O Functions.
14. String and Character Functions.
15. Mathematical Functions.
16. Time, Date, and Localization Functions.
17. Dynamic Allocation Functions.
18. Utility Functions.
19. Wide-Character Functions.
20. Library Features Added by C99.
Part IV: Algorithms and Applications.
21. Sorting and Searching.
22. Queues, Stacks, Linked Lists, and Trees.
23. Sparse Arrays.
24. Expression Parsing and Evaluation.
25. AI-Based Problem Solving.
26. Building a Windows 2000 Skeleton.
27. Software Engineering Using C.
28. Efficiency, Porting, and Debugging.
Part VI: A C Interpreter.
29. A C Interpreter.