Written by experts with more than 100 combined years of industry experience in machinery failure avoidance, Compressors: How to Achieve High Reliability & Availability offers proven solutions to a pervasive and expensive problem in modern industry--compressor failure. This succinct, on-the-job guide addresses elusive causes of compressor failure and clearly maps out permanent remedies you can put to use right away. With a focus on centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, this accessible reference is based on real-world processes and procedures used by successful global companies.
1. Principles of compression highlighted
2. Compressor types and selection
3. Foundations and base plates
4. Piping and gaskets
5. Centrifugal compressor details
6. Reciprocating compressor details
7. Other Positive Displacement Compressors
8. Machinery Quality Assessment, "MQA"
9. Fits, dimensions, repairs and related misunderstandings
10. Compressor failure statistics and successful failure analysis
11. Training competent compressor engineers