Implement a robust SIEM system
Effectively manage the security information and events produced by your network with help from this authoritative guide. Written by IT security experts, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Implementation shows you how to deploy SIEM technologies to monitor, identify, document, and respond to security threats and reduce false-positive alerts. The book explains how to implement SIEM products from different vendors, and discusses the strengths, weaknesses, and advanced tuning of these systems. You'll also learn how to use SIEM capabilities for business intelligence. Real-world case studies are included in this comprehensive resource.
- Assess your organization's business models, threat models, and regulatory compliance requirements
- Determine the necessary SIEM components for small- and medium-size businesses
- Understand SIEM anatomy--source device, log collection, parsing/normalization of logs, rule engine, log storage, and event monitoring
- Develop an effective incident response program
- Use the inherent capabilities of your SIEM system for business intelligence
- Develop filters and correlated event rules to reduce false-positive alerts
- Implement AlienVault's Open Source Security Information Management (OSSIM)
- Deploy the Cisco Monitoring Analysis and Response System (MARS)
- Configure and use the Q1 Labs QRadar SIEM system
- Implement ArcSight Enterprise Security Management (ESM) v4.5
- Develop your SIEM security analyst skills
Table of contents
Part I: Introduction to Threat Intelligence For IT Systems
Part II: IT Threat Intelligence Using SIEM Systems
; Chapter 4.
SIEM Concepts - Components for small and medium size businesses;
The Anatomy of SIEM Systems;
SIEM for Business Intelligence;
Part III: SIEM Tools
Open Systems SIEM Implementation;
Open Systems SIEM Advanced Techniques; Chapter 10.
Cisco Security-MARS Implementation;
Cisco Security-MARS Advanced Techniques;
Q1 Labs QRadar Implementation; Chapter 13.
Q1 Labs Advanced Techniques;
ArcSight Advanced Techniques; Appendix A.
SIEM Smart book